How does Online-Nations.net tie in with the real world?
What aspects "political entities" of the real world can't be covered online alone
- Executive Branch of Online Jurisdiction: global issue, no solution available today.
- Security Services (police, security forces, ...)
- Support Services (emergency support, natural desaster management, ABC units, ...): global issue, solution available
- Local area infrastructure (small roads, garbage collection, water supply, energy): local issue, solution available
- Wide area infrastructure (main roads, waste management, environmental resource management)
Ultimately any citizen of any nation of online-nations.net has at least one place of residence. Therefor
an online citizenship alone can never be enough.
Solution: strong local communities + managed wide area community collaborations
Online-Nation.net as plattform for political systems can only work with strong, local area communities providing
specific services to the population of the area.
Therefore we assume that any citizen has at least two "service providers": his online nation and his local
Most services (energy, waste management, ...) can surely be handled simply by sourcing from service providers in a
free market. Others like energy, main roads, environmental resource management requires the teaming up of
local communities and joint sourcing.
The formation of "interest groups" based on geographic co-location therefor makes sense online as well to decide
area based issues together (like traffic / transportation infrastructure, resource management, ...).
Region based online "nations" like "North America", "Central Europe", "Asia", "Africa", ... definitely would make sense for
certain aspects of joint decision taking by the inhabitants of the regions.